My psychic's predictions for me from a year ago (and if they came true)

I saw a psychic for an article 3/11/13.  Here's an excerpt:

I was earnestly committed to the idea of giving this the most honest try that I could. But as my turn came, I couldn't help but try one little trick. I mean, how many times would a guy like me actually end up at a psychic? So, I decided to take off my wedding ring before going in to see if my reading would change. When I walked in, I got the sense that the office was set up in under an hour and everything was temporary. Despite her history at the location, it seemed as though the office was ready to be packed up in three moving boxes in under an hour.
When I sat down Senora Rose commenced my aura reading. My aura was saying I’m honest. With the deceptive ring trick.
Then her animated reading of the tarot cards began. The cards said that my current relationship wouldn’t last a year. I have to assume she didn't see a lot of chemistry on the waiting room security camera between my writing cohort, Jodi, and myself.
Upon learning of such a future, and knowing full well my 10 year marriage was as strong as ever, I just had to ask, “My marriage won't last a year?!” And without a pause for breath, she said, “You will grow old with this person.” From “final days” to “live long and prosper” just like that.
Her following premonitions were equally as interesting. My mom's gonna die this year, too, I guess. I'm supposed to get rich from an inheritance, but the person will be very old. My mom and I are the only ones with money to burn, but she's only 48, so I don't know.
I'm going to have a minor accident and sue and get rich from that, too, despite me hating lawyers and having passed up those exact opportunities in the past.
Finally, she read my palms. With the wedding ring tan line clearly apparent, my palms say I'll live to be 91. It seems this fat, drinking, motorcycle rider on six medications is going to laugh at all your funerals, you tofu-eating, yoga-practicing chumps. Didn't you know the secret to long life was a bacon cheeseburger with Krispy Kreme donuts instead of buns?


Still married.  No one died.  No inheritance.  No accident.  No lawsuit.

I am healthier this year than last, so checkmate, skepticism!

0 comments:

Post a Comment