I owe 6 blogs. Here's one on Marcus Aurelius

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius is one of the greatest books every written in the history of ever, but it is, for me, impossible to just... read.

Every single paragraph in that book is a masterpiece.  Every idea he puts forth causes me to stop reading and reflect upon it.  Given that it is a book of meditations, this makes sense, but still.  I blow through the Tao Te Ching without the concern that I have for Aurelius' words.

Here is a way to take a peak without getting overwhelmed.  This guy has rewritten 50 lessons from Meditations in his own words, so at least I don't get awe-struck while reading it and can get through it in a sitting.

http://www.kratosguide.com/50-life-lessons-from-marcus-aurelius-emperor-of-rome/

0 comments:

Post a Comment