EDC = Every Day Carry


I've never understood those guys carrying two knives, a leatherman, a janitor's set of keys, and a wallet big enough to crush a toddler.

I carry one key.  My motorcycle key is in my saddlebag.  I have a key to my wife's Rav4 and a key to her Yaris.  Whatever I'm taking, I take that key.  My house unlocks from my phone.

I carry an ID (to drive, drink, and it actually required by law in Florida).  I carry a bank card to one account.  I just move money around from account to account on my phone if I need to deposit or draw from a different account.

So I'm phone-dependent.  An iPhone 5 in an Otterbox Defender (to survive my 2 year old).  It unlocks my house, manages my money, and replaces the following:

Phone
Email
Camera
Video Camera
MP3 player
Radio
Notetaker
Internet
GPS
Watch
Flashlight
Remote Control
Air Conditioner Thermostat
Video Player
Weather Station
Credit Card Machine
Calculator
Barcode Scanner
Calendar
Voice Recorder
Compass


And yet, on reddit.com/r/edc/ I'll see people carrying all of this individually as analog, physical devices!

I work on motorcycles and I don't carry tools.  There's tools next to the bikes!

A knife?  What do I need to carry a knife for?  Opening boxes?  Usually my key does that or I just.. you know... pull the tape off with my fingers.  I guess it's like carrying a gun.  I won't understand why some men carry them because I have a large penis. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment