Could I give up tv and movies for a whole year?

Now that Borgia is finished, there's only one show I keep up with: Sherlock.  But that's more like a couple movies released every other year.  And I've been kicking away movies and being bored with them.  I haven't play a real video game (outside of with my 3 year old) in years.  I made a list of my current allowed distractions.


1. Dungeons and Dragons
2. BBC's Sherlock

So I got to wondering if I could give up movies and tv for a year.  Obviously not completely.  My family watches tv.  There's tvs everywhere.  I host movie nights.  But what about giving up the remote?  What if for one year the tv was off when I was alone and when guests were over, they could turn it on to what they wanted, but I wasn't choosing.  Just happily going along?  I rarely get to the movies, too.

So I decided to check out what's coming out in 2015 that I'd want to see.  Exceptions to make to the rule if I make it.  I found three.

1.  Avengers 2 and Star Wars VII - only because these will be so pop culture and talked about I'll be lost otherwise

3.  Pan - Peter Pan prequel.  I'm a sucker for the Pan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment