Bloggus interuptus

I had intended on this period of recommended living to be recorded daily (despite having a small audience because I do it for my own selfish ego), but my chromebook just died.  So I have two ways to connect to the internet: my wife's phone she's letting me borrow and the guest room computer which is so disabled and broken it is literally, not figuratively, held together with duck tape.

(FYI: It is duck tape, not duct tape.  I will fight you on this.)

The guest room computer is also next door to my 3 year old son's.  And when I can get online is while he's asleep.  So there's a stealth problem.

I'm trying to see how well I can do without a computer of my own.

Instant hurdles:
This is November.  I write a novel every November.
I keep track of personal goals and items and things to read on Reddit and my phone isn't great at editing those posts to update them.
I download shows and movies for my wife on the Chromebook.

Ideas for solutions:
I write the novel on the guest room computer somehow.
I'm transferring my Reddit items over to Google Keep which works better on my phone.
I download on the guest computer which is easier than writing, but still involves connecting an ethernet cable to the next room across the living room floor and not disturbing a sleeping toddler.

As for how I'm actually doing on this experiment, I'm doing good on food and lifestyle, bad on exercise (I'm more active, but not in the "30 minutes of cardio" way) and unnecessary spending (I took some friends out to eat and I'm buying a gift for my mother in law).

I showed my doctor my list to talk about my diet (she concluded my high LDL cholesterol is genetic) and she liked it so much she made a copy for herself.

Reddit Data Dump:

2014 GOALS
RESTAURANTS

Prato, Winter Park (try Widowmaker)

Scratch, Winter Park (closed Monday)

DOINGS

Horse Riding (Tues 9am)

Get under 200 lbs

Drink Great Lakes Christmas Ale

Write Novel

TO WATCH

Reign Over Me (wait for Kiri)

Borgia Season 3

TO READ

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (library)

Zen Without Zen Masters (own)

Shambhala by Chogyam Trungpa (own)

Novahead (available on Kindle)


----------------------


Goals For This Year

1. Potty train Hunter
1. Get under 200 pounds
1. Expand SafeRide social media


7 Daily Goals

1. Take pills
1. Make best use of time
1. Read
1. Clean the clutter
1. Eat light
1. Exercise (Cycling, Aerobics, Bodyweight, Machines)
1. Oral hygiene

---------------------

PROBLEMS
1. Mental illness
1. Bad shoulder
1. Hard to expand school
1. Son has too much energy
1. Son needs more time in school environment before VPK
1. Need $6,000 for a/c
1. $370 / month for elec/tolls/gas/net
1. Want to go to Fantasy Fest
1. Need designated driver
1. Need straitjacket for escape trick
1. Belly 15 lbs bigger than I want
1. Repulsed by maggots

--------------

BUCKET LIST

40.Go to Cuba

55.Ride a horse

54.Like my body

79.Escape a straitjacket

138. Go to Fantasy Fest


------------------

STUFF I OWN

Bedroom

* Bed
* TV Tray
* Sandals
* Golf Bag
* Tux & Suit
* Chromebook
* Son of Man Print
* Roku & WD Live (Hard Drive)

Bookshelf

* Soccer Ball
* Chessboard
* Bowling Shoes
* Briefcase (Documents, Medicine, Cigar Cutter)
* Clothes (Dress Shirt x 3, Shorts x 2, Jeans x 2, Pants, Belt, Tank Tops x 2)

Bag

* Gel
* Keys
* Razor
* Kindle
* Wallet
* Shorts
* Frisbee
* Sunglasses x 4
* Mug (Chargers)
* Can (Card, Lock, Charger)
* Pencil Case (Pen, Ear Buds, Ear Plugs, Deodorant, Lucky Coin, Nail Clippers, Sunscreen)

Kitchen

* Knife
* Turner
* Mug x 2
* Plate x 2
* Spork x 2
* Saute Pan
* Chopsticks
* Water Bottle
* V8
* Tea
* Milk
* Apples
* Carrots
* Cereal
* Chicken
* Bananas
* Almonds
* Yogurt x 2
* Rice Cakes
* Kippers x 2
* Tea Biscuits
* Sardines x 2
* Propel Water x 3
* Sparkling Water x 2

Other

* House & School
* Car: Converse, Socks
* Wearing: Wedding Ring
* Outside: Bonsai Tree, Flags
* Playroom: Awards, Poster x 2
* Garage: Tools, Motorcycle (Helmet, Jacket), Scuba Gear, Cleaning Bucket
* Guest Room: Brace, Chair, Table, Keepsake Box, X-Mas Outfit, Menorah, Coat
* Bathroom: Wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Floss, Mouthwash, Towel, Shampoo, Toilet Brush, Plunger

0 comments:

Post a Comment