Image-attachment

I was reading about image-attachments in Buddhism where we don't perceive our true self because of these ideas of who we are/were/should be/etc. How we should just accept who we are. But I don't like that. The idea is that there's no need for improvement because any flaw is imaginary. I can get behind the idea that when I look at others they are flawless, but I always will believe that I can be better. I want to move in a direction. Simply being is unadventurous and adventures make me happy. Buddhism would say that the adventures are an imaginary happiness and I only have unhappiness to overcome because of the attachments in my life. I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, I thought I would define the image-attachment of who I should be in order to be able to stand back and look at it and see if I'm wrong to keep this attachment.

Image-attachment of who I should be


Good posture
Freshly cut hair
No unibrow
Clear skin
Freshly shaved
No jowls
Muscular left shoulder without noticeable disability
More tattoos
Flat stomach
Smooth feet
No light sensitivity
Kinder speaking
Controlled emotions
Modest
Few belongings
Comfortable clothes
Ride motorcycle more
More time for adventures
Lots of teaching certifications
Actively expanding business
Taking others’ territories
Loved by employees

Large circle of close friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment