Bored/ing

I'm bored, which is normal, but feeling boring as well.
So I'm going to rest on my laurels and recite them in choral.
I wake up every morning ready to greet greatness
And get greeted by a great mess work in progress.

Lasers and cars and motorcycles and lightning
And psychotic giants and underwater escaping
Have failed to stop me and make me cease to be.
Wake up to pills, whiskey, cigars, and ennui

I used to race cars and jump out of planes
Set Guinness records and cause myself pain.
Lived the breadth of my life. Now I'm living the length
Waiting on the next opportunity to show strength

I got five more months and I'm counting the minutes
Until I can split. I've already quit as a misfit.
Going out of the state until then out of my skull
Bad's always better because good's always dull.

0 comments:

Post a Comment