Favorite Dates

Hebrew Calendar
10 Tishrei: Yom Kippur.  Fast one day, be forgiven of all your sins of the year
25 Kislev - 3 Tevet: Hanukkah. I just love this holiday.

Christian Calendar
January 2: Everything Is Back To Normal Day.  The last day of the "holiday season" that drives me nuts.
Third Monday in January: Martin Luther King 3-Day Weekend. Usually great Florida weather to boot.
January 31: Everything Is Back To Normal Day.  The last day of whatever "one month" experiment I committed to on January 1.

February 2: It's Groundhog Day Again. Get to binge watch Groundhog Day and is the shared birthday of my two best friends, Phil and Jaron.
February 14: Valentine's Day. I love my wife and get to make a day dedicated to that.
Third Monday in February: Presidents Day 3-Day Weekend.  Good Florida weather and a chance to travel for my birthday.
Saturday to Tuesday In the Seventh Week Before Easter.  Mardi Gras starts on Saturday if you're local to New Orleans.  I'm local-related, so it sometimes is contagious.
Wednesday in the Seventh Week Before Easter to the Thursday before Easter. Lent is a great time for focus even if it's not my religion.
February 20: My birthday.  I am awesome.
February 29: Leap Day.  It feels like you have an extra day like it's a present!

Random Tuesday in February or March: Everything Is Back To Normal Day/Super Tuesday. When the primaries are really decided and all the ads come down.

March 14: Steak and Blowjob Day. The flip side to Valentine's Day.  She loves me and makes a day dedicated to that.
Forth Friday in March: Everything Is Back To Normal Day. Lent ends.

April 1: April Fools Day. My anniversary with Mrs. Awesome!
April 10: Mom's Birthday. She is awesome.
April 15: Everything Is Back To Normal Day. Everyone shuts up about taxes for eight months.

May 7: Kiri's Birthday. She is awesome.
Second Sunday in May: Mother's Day. They are awesome.
Last Monday of May: Memorial Day. Unofficial first day of Summer, which means Florida starts getting crazy.

June 19: Father's Day.  I am awesome.

July 4: Observed Meeting Kiri Anniversary.  Not the actual day, just when I have everyone fire fireworks to celebrate it.

First Monday in September: Labor Day. Unofficial last day of Summer, which means Florida starts getting insane.  (Summer used to have more holidays, but Florida heat burned them alive)

October 1-31: Halloween. It is a month-long celebration.
October 24-31: Fantasy Fest. A Key West festival I dream of attending.

November 1: Everything Is Back To Normal Day. The world hasn't turned full Christmas yet because they're taking down Halloween.
Second Tuesday in November: Everything Is Back To Normal Day/Election Day. When the new high chancellor is elected and the ads stop.
Fourth Thursday in November: Thanksgiving. We focus on food, friends, and thanks!  Lovely day.

December 24: Christmas Eve. I see you shiver with antici-
December 25: Observed Proposing To Kiri Anniversary. -pation
December 25: Christmas. Despite my reputation, I don't hate Christmas.  I hate the 60-day immersion into a culture you can't opt out of, that makes no sense, and that you are looked down on if you, not even don't participate, but don't participate enough.  Christmas, as a day with an eve, is awesome.
December 31: New Year's Eve. I love resolutions. I love the sound they make when I eat them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment